UPDATE- FIRE GUTS DOWN GALAXY TELEVISION…

image

A section of the complex housing Galaxy
Television in Lagos was razed by fire on
Tuesday December 29. The fire spread so fast it destroyed properties worth millions of naira.

The fire which was said to have started at about 5:30am was caused by an electrical spark from the amoured cable connecting the studio to the station’s mast.

Director of Lagos Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, who confirmed the incident, said
they got a distress call at about 5.59am and water tankers were immediately deployed to the scene to combat the fire. “What we did when we arrived was to disconnect the electricity. And we were able to put out the fire.”

image

Fadipe expressed worry over the increase in
the number of fire disasters recorded in the
month of December in the state. He said Lagos has recorded 260 fire disasters between December 1 and 28, 2015, which was over 200 incidents higher than what was recorded in 2014.

Fadipe said residents were in the habit of not calling for help immediately until the fire had escalated and was beyond them.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s