An okada rider raped a 14 year old teenager who was returning home from visiting her aunt’s shop. Read as she shares the most horrifying story of her life.

Esther and Sharafa Wasiu (Okada Rider)
Until penultimate Saturday, Esther, who hails from Benue State and currently an apprentice in her aunty’s cake shop was a virgin, but she lost her virginity to a man she had never met before and in a violent way.
According to a report by Punch, the teenager, currently an apprentice at her aunty’s cake shop was a virgin, until she lost it violently to the okada rider. (pictured rigft after he was caught and beaten).

The teenager who was visibly and emotionally in pain said she’d never forgive her rapist, identified as Sharafa Wasiu, for violating her, she also wished him death, “because of what he did to me. I feel sad anytime I remember that day.”

She said she had tried everything she could to remain a virgin until she was married but all that was for naught after being raped by Wasiu who after dropping her infront of her house, trailed her into the house and raped her in broad daylight.

She said, “That Saturday, I stopped a bike from the front of our shop to take me home. When we got home, he dropped me in front of the house, I paid him and I went in, not knowing he was still lurking around. I thought he had left, not knowing that he wheeled his motorcycle to the side of the house and stayed there, watching me. It was about 2pm.  “My aunty had told me to help her clean her shoes, so the moment I entered, I started packing the shoes outside so I could clean them. I used the kitchen entrance and I closed it when I packed the first round. “When I was in the room packing the remaining shoes, I heard the sound of the door and I asked who was there. I didn’t hear anything, so I went to check who or what was there. The next thing I saw was the okada man that dropped me a short while ago.
“Immediately, he pushed me to the floor with so much force, overpowered me, being a taller and more hefty person, he pulled my skirt and pants and raped me. I struggled with him but I didn’t succeed. Apart from the pain from the forceful entry and the terrible smell oozing out of his body, he was rubbing my body against the floor, inflicting serious injuries on my body. I kept shouting but nobody heard me because I was the only one at home.”
She explained that after she was raped the first time, she thought her nightmare was over not knowing she was in for more assault.
She said:
“When he finished, I pushed him away, pulled up my skirt and ran to the door to escape. I barely opened the door when he suddenly ran after me, pushed me and pinned me to the floor. I was gasping but he tore all my clothes, leaving me stark naked, and dragged me on the floor, trying to take me inside so he could rape me again. I can never forgive him for what he did to me. “By that time, blood was all over my body. I kept shouting but there was no one to rescue me.
As he was trying to remove his trousers, I managed to escape (naked) and I ran through one side of the house while he ran through the other side to get me. That was how one of our neighbours saw me and quickly called on others who mobilised to the place at once and caught him. They also seized his bike.”

Her aunty felt guilty for what happened to the teenager, she said

“Usually we don’t work on Saturday but that day, we went for an event. When we finished, I went somewhere and I sent her to go and give some food items to my attendants in the shop. I told her to go back home after that. And she did.
“We moved into that house about three months ago. It’s located around Onolu Road, Igbe in Ikorodu, while my shop is around Medical Road. When I heard about the incident, I rushed home and met them, but the boy, who claimed to be 23 years old, kept denying it. He was even making calls and threatening to call his guys who would deal with us. With the help of the security men on our street, we dragged him to the Igbogbo police station.
“It was at the police station that he confessed. He said it was the devil’s work and that he only made an attempt to do it but did not do anything. The shreds of Esther’s clothes are still with the police. He confessed that he parked his motorcycle beside the house and stayed inside the compound for about 10 minutes before he went inside. “They took our statement and gave us a letter to go to the General Hospital for test. She did series of tests, which confirmed that she was raped. I wish the incident didn’t happen because even the parents of this girl are not yet aware. I want them to come to Lagos before I tell them. It’s not the kind of news one could share on the phone.” Felicia pointed out that the girl had been on drugs since the incident happened and that she had been a recluse.
A police source confirmed that Wasiu had been charged to court exactly three days after and was being remanded in the Kirikiri prison on the order of the court. The source added that “the matter would come up for hearing sometime in October.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s